Hendrick's Gin

hendricks-004.pngHENDRICK'S GIN is infused with the curious, yet marvellous, essences of rose and cucumber, delectably supported by no less than 11 botanicals from the four corners of the world. This whimsical concoction produces a wonderfully refreshing gin with a delightfully floral aroma. 

There are now 10 hands toiling together in the gin palace under the direct supervision of the Master Distiller Lesley Gracie.

Each batch of HENDRICK'S GIN is crafted just 500 lovely litres at a time. It is how HENDRICK'S GIN started in 1999 and how it will remain and allows Lesley, greater control of her careful artistry.

HENDRICK'S GIN is distilled in not one but two utterly dissimilar sorts of still. The two leaders of this particular ensemble of stills are the Bennett, an antique copper pot dating right back to 1860, and the Carter-Head, hailing from 1948 (of which only a few exist today).

The Bennett steeps the botanicals in spirit overnight prior to distillation resulting in a rich, complex liquid. Whereas the Carter-Head gently steams the botanicals in a basket atop its lofty neck, so influence is imparted upon the spirit in something akin to a botanical steam bath. This yields a lighter, more delicate spirit.

The HENDRICK'S GIN Palace hails from the tiny seaside village of Girvan, which lies in Ayrshire, south-west Scotland. The distillery lies just a mile inland and overlooks the mysterious volcanic island of Ailsa Craig. This alluring outcrop lies uninhabited, save for a few gannets and puffins, but features in many local legends.

The harmonious combination of the Bennett and Carter-Head stills create an unusually smooth gin like no other that has the required character and balance of subtle flavours.