Clynelish

The distillery we know today is the new Clynelish, and began production in 1969. It’s across the road from the old, original Clynelish, which was built by the Marquess of Stafford in 1819, providing a market for barley grown by his tenants. This closed in 1968 to make room for the larger, more modern neighbour… only to be reborn as Brora – a peated malt – which thrived until the early 80s. Brora, the Marquis and his tenants have all gone, but the barley that makes Clynelish is still malted in the Northern Highlands and water is still piped down from the Clynemilton Burn to the distillery.

There are no products listed under this category.