HISTORY: The history of the company begins in the winery located in Haro in the neighbourhood of the railway station “barrio de la estacion “ which dates back to 1879. Close to the railway tracks which during a time drove into the cellar to easily transport easily the wine in oak barrels and then in bottles.
VINEYARD: The 545 hectares of vineyards that CVNE owns account for 50% of the company's production, and are distributed between the two sub-regions of Rioja Alta and Rioja Alavesa, an area of calcareous clay soils, ferrous clay and alluvial soils, under the influence of the Atlantic and Mediterranean climates.
WINERY: The winery is composed of 22 buildings, which include the original 1879 premises, as well as the plant designed and built by the Eiffel architectural studio in 1909.
This winery combines tradition, quality and innovation. In 1940 it was pioneer with the construction of the first concrete fermentation cellar in Spain. In the 80´s it was pioneer with the first Vinification plant non aggressive, the use of gravity.