Glenlochy was built in 1898 by the Glenlochy - Fort William Distillery Co Ltd, founded by David McAndie of Nairn. Glenlochy was in production until 1919, it then fell silent, apart from a short period during 1925. Thomas Rankin, a local car hirer, bought the distillery in 1937 but it was not long before he sold in onto Train and McIntyre.
Train and McIntyre then transferred it to their subsidiary Associated Scottish Distillers Ltd, who acquired Bruichladdich, Benromach, Fettercairn, Glenesk, Glenury Royal and Strathdee distilleries around the same time. In 1953 Train and McIntyre was acquired by DCL. Glenlochy was in production until 1983. In 1992 the site was then sold to West Coast Inns Ltd, and made into a hotel complex.