Royal Brackla

Royal Brackla was founded by a Captain Fraser at the height of illict whisky production. The distillery is one of only 3 ever granted permission to use the word 'Royal'. In Brackla's case, it was bestowed as a result of King William IV's particular liking for the whisky and it was called 'The King's Own Whisky'.The distillery was rebuilt in 1898 and again in 1966 when the floor maltings were closed and the single pair of stills became 2. In the course of that reconstruction programme, most of the older buildings were demolished, although the modern plant is attractively situated looking on to the distillery pond.

There are no products listed under this category.